If you’re new to the world of pickleball, then you’ll only have recently found out about all of the different accessories you need.
You might have noticed that those who play pickleball professionally always seem to be wearing gloves, and you may be wondering if you should invest in a pair too.
The answer is, absolutely yes. Pickleball gloves can help to enhance your play in a number of different ways.
Not only do they aid your grip in the game and prevent your paddle from slipping, but they also help to wick up moisture and give your hand protection.
The only thing is however, that there are so many different pickleball gloves on the market, that it can be difficult to know where to begin. But don’t worry, because that’s where we come in.
Below, we’ve compiled a list of some of the very best pickleball gloves around, including each of their pros and cons to help give you a better idea of what you want.
To find out more, simply keep reading below, as we take a closer look.
What Is Pickleball?
Before we jump straight in, let’s take a closer look at what pickleball is for those who don’t already know. Pickleball is most comparable in terms of sport to tennis.
Two players are made to stand on either side of a net, where they are made to hit a polymer ball with a solid face paddle.
Many people actually consider the game to be a hybrid between ping pong and tennis. It’s true that many tennis players will be highly adept at picking up pickleball, and vice versa.
Players must hit the ball back and forth to one another until somebody commits an infraction.
Unlike tennis, where you’re allowed to hit overhand and underhand, pickleball only asks for underhand shots, which ultimately makes it easier to pick up.
The game has taken the world by storm in the past decade, and is quickly becoming one of the most popular new sports in the US.
Pickleball Gloves Product Review
Now that we’ve covered what pickleball is, for those who didn’t already know, we can move on to discuss some of our products.
Below, we’ve compiled what we believe to be some of the very best pickleball gloves around.
To find your perfect fit, simply keep reading below, as we take a closer look.
OUR TOP PICK
This glove is a fantastic option for those who find that their hands tend to get sweaty during gameplay.
They have a breathable mesh front, so that your hands don’t get too moist when you’re wearing them, and you can feel more comfortable.
They’re also great if you’re a tough gameplayer, and like to take hard hitting shots.
These gloves are made from incredibly tough and durable synthetic leather, which is guaranteed to protect you against any injuries.
That isn’t to say that these gloves aren’t lightweight however, and they do offer you comfortable levels of movement to flex your hand during the game.
Another great thing about these gloves is the addition of spandex to the material.
The reason why this is so beneficial to your gameplay, is because it helps to circulate the heat within the glove, and ultimately make it more breathable.
- Knuckle Protection - So that you don’t sustain any unwanted injuries.
- Synthetic leather - This material is incredibly breathable and gives you the freedom and protection you need.
- Mesh Front - this prevents your hands from becoming too moist during gameplay.
- Spandex - Helps to circulate heat within the gloves.
- Material - Despite the material being protective, some people might prefer ones made from real leather rather than synthetic for better levels of protection.
- Durability - Some customers complained that these gloves didn’t last as long as they’d hoped.
We absolutely adore the aesthetics of these gloves, they not only feel great on your hands, but they look super cool too.
This is a glove that we’d recommend if the key thing that you’re looking for is durability, as these are guaranteed to stand the test of time.
It’s made from real goatskin leather, and this means that the material will help to give you extra protection when you’re on the court.
In addition, they also have an added layer of protection on the knuckles, so that if you were to graze them when making a difficult shot, you wouldn’t injure yourself in the process.
These gloves have actually been designed by an orthopedic surgeon, so you know that they’ve been created with your hand’s structure in mind.
They have a padding system inside the glove, which ultimately gives you a better grip on your paddle.
They also have what are called ‘mini towels’ inside the glove, and these can help to prevent your hands from becoming overly moist or sticky during gameplay.
- Designed By An Orthopedic Surgeon - The fact that they’ve been designed by somebody who is an expert in hand structure gives you faith that they’ll be comfortable.
- Goatskin Leather - This means that they’re highly durable, and guaranteed to stand the test of time.
- Anatomical Pad - This gives you a better grip over your paddle.
- Come In A Variety Of Sizes - This allows you to find the perfect fit for your hands.
- Material - Despite being made from high quality goatskin material, some people might find this material cumbersome, and feel as though it doesn’t provide their hands with enough flexibility.
- Size - Those with particularly large hands might struggle to find a comfortable variety with this particular brand.
If you’re looking for flexibility in your gameplay, then we’d recommend that you check out these Python racquetball gloves.
They are incredibly versatile and lightweight, making them the perfect option if you love making dynamic shots.
The rear end of the glove has an elasticated fixture, which helps to make them as breathable as possible, and keeps the air flowing through the glove.
The fingers and palms are made from synthetic leather, to ensure that you won’t sustain any injuries whilst playing.
It also has what is called ‘lock stitching’, which is known to be very robust, and will help to prevent the material from wearing out over time.
We’d recommend these gloves if you’re looking for something that’s super lightweight, but also boasts a firm grip to give you control over the game.
- Lightweight - They’re great for players who love making dynamic shots and flexing their hands a lot during the game.
- Elasticated Network - This helps to ensure that they’re as comfortable and as breathable as possible.
- Synthetic leather fingers - For added protection.
- Lock Stitching - Prevents the material from wearing out after extended use.
- Soft Material - Some people might not feel as though the material provides enough protection for their hand.
- Breathability - Despite having an elasticated fixture, some customers said that they’d like a little more breathability during gameplay.
You may have noticed that these gloves look a little bit different to the others on our list. That’s because they’re fingerless.
This is great if you’re somebody who struggles with moisture during the game, and find that your hands heat up very quickly.
The lack of fingers allows your hands to breathe, and also helps to give them an added level of motion during the game.
They come in lots of different sizes, so that you can find one which suits you.
As well as this, they also provide the option of right or left, which is perfect if you’re a left handed player, as many companies don’t even offer this in their range of products.
They offer high levels of protection, and have a wrist strap that you can secure for added grip and control.
They’re made from premium leather material too, which guarantees that they’ll last for many games to come.
- Fingerless - This helps to give your hands the ultimate breathability, and is great if you’re prone to working up a sweat during the game.
- Wrist Strap - Gives you an added level of control and security whilst playing the game.
- Premium Leather - It’s made from a high quality material that is highly durable.
- Grip - The material gives you a stronger grip on your paddle.
- Protection - Some may feel as though the fingerless quality of the gloves doesn’t provide them with the same level of protection as full gloves.
- Tightness - Some people have complained that the fingers were a bit too tight for their hands.
If you’ve been searching for something a little bit different to improve your pickleball game, then we’d recommend that you take a look at these.
They’re basically hot mitts, and differ from the majority of the other gloves on the market.
They’re also super versatile, and you can actually use them to play any kind of racquet sport. These range from pickleball, to ping pong, to tennis, to racquetball.
So, if you’re a dynamic game player, you can use them for a wide variety of different purposes.
They’re incredibly dry, and can help to keep your hands warm if you’re playing in particularly cold conditions.
So, if you find yourself struggling to keep yourself warm during gameplay, then these are a great option.
We think that these gloves are absolutely perfect if you just want to engage in some gentle gameplay, or you’re just getting started out and having some practice sessions.
In addition, they’re far less pricey than the others on our list.
So, if you’re just getting started with pickleball and don’t want to invest too much money early on, then we’d recommend that you try these.
- Insulating - These will keep your hands warm if you’re playing in colder conditions.
- Grip - They have a good padded grip on the front portion of the glove.
- Fleece Material - This ensures that the gloves are breathable and don’t overheat.
- Comfort - These gloves are incredibly comfortable to wear.
- Designed For Gentle Gameplay - These gloves will not be the best fit for advanced players taking part in tournaments.
- Lack Of Protection - As we mentioned before, these gloves are designed for practice sessions, and therefore won’t be suitable if you’re looking for high levels of protection for intense gameplay.
Now that we’ve taken a look at some of the best pickleball gloves on the market, we can move on to discuss our buyers guide.
Our buyers guide is incredibly useful when it comes to discerning the best gloves for your needs.
We’ve outlined everything you need to look out for when purchasing pickleball gloves, including grip, material, and breathability.
To find out more, simply keep reading below.
One of the key things that you need to consider when purchasing pickleball gloves, is how adept they are at wicking away moisture.
After all, this is one of the key things that pickleball gloves should be designed to do.
If you’re playing pickleball without any gloves, you’ll notice that the sweat from your hands makes the racket incredibly hard to grip, and this can, in turn, affect your performance.
Pickleball gloves should be adept at wicking away any sweat from your palms using the specialized material they’re made from.
Make sure that before you purchase your pickleball gloves, that they’re listed as having absorbent materials that can prevent you from sweating.
So, if you’ve been struggling with your grip, make sure that you choose a moisture wicking glove to suit your needs.
Another item that you should consider when choosing your pickleball gloves is how warm they are.
If you’re somebody who tends to play pickleball in particularly cold conditions, then you’ll want to make sure that your hands are properly insulated.
Failing to do so could cause numbness in your fingers, and therefore affect your grip.
Each of the gloves on our list can help to keep you insulated, but, if you’re looking for an extra level of protection from the cold, then we’d recommend that you check out Tourna Hot Glove Mitts.
Grip is truly one of the most important things that you should look out for when choosing the best pickleball gloves for your needs.
One of the key things that will affect your gameplay, is how secure your grip is on the paddle.
Therefore, you need to make sure that you choose a pickleball glove that has a good level of control.
All of the ones on our list offer you a better grip on your paddle, but if you’re looking for the ultimate grip control, we’d recommend that you choose one made of leather.
Because it has a tacky surface, it can help to hold your paddle more securely to your hand.
In addition to this, if you’re looking to improve your grip, it’s always a good idea to choose a glove that has a wrist strap too. This can help to make the glove as secure as possible on your hand.
Another feature that some people may want to consider when choosing a pickleball glove, are the aesthetics of the glove itself.
Those who are concerned with style may want to take a look at some gloves which have a range of different color options.
Some of the ones have a range of color choices, whereas others will only come in one particular style.
Another important thing that you’ll want to consider when choosing your pickleball glove, is the overall fit.
This is one of the most important things, because if you choose a glove that’s too large or too small, it will affect your grip.
For example, if you choose a glove that’s too small, it will restrict your movements, and one that’s too large could slip off and be detrimental to your grip.
It’s good to take a look at gloves with a range of different sizing options and measurements to match, so you find the one that’s right for you.
To sum up, there are a whole host of different pickleball gloves out there to choose from.
Whether you’re an advanced player and are looking for something a little more high end, or you’re just a beginner who’s getting started out with the game, there’s something out there for you.
Make sure that you’re always taking grip, control, breathability, fit, and heat into consideration when choosing your perfect pickleball glove.